607 Springdale Street (south side)
607 Springdale (moved from 526 Springdale Street) (William Murphy Service Station)
526 Springdale Street
This contemporary building was erected as Standard Service Station in 1953 (Village of Mount Horeb Tax Rolls; Mount Horeb Presettlement to 1986, p. 26). There was an earlier service station on this site, operated by William Murphy, which was built for him in 1925, and which he owned until 1952 (Village of Mount Horeb Tax Rolls). In 1953, the earlier building was moved to 607 Springdale Street, and the current gas station built. The first manager of the new station was Earl Edseth. He was followed by Ed Wittwer. Milford Thousand became the manager in 1967 (Mount Horeb Presettlement to 1986, p. 26-27). In 1996, it housed Thousand's Auto Service. This property was owned by Fiore Oil Company from 1952 until at least 1980, and by Milford and Eleanore Thousand since at least 1985 (Village of Mount Horeb Tax Rolls). The Standard Service Station is not eligible for historic designation.