District: Joint 6
Notes: 1865-1959. On September 12, 1865 Ernest Bohn leased about one-half an acre of his land in Section 28 to the school district for use as a school. The oldest school record extant is from September 1867. On July 30, 1892 it was voted to build a new schoolhouse on the same site. It was to be 18x32x10 feet and cost $586.49 paid for over a period of three years. Pupils came from Vermont as well as Blue Mounds Township. The school closed on May 26, 1959 when the district joined the Mt. Horeb School District. The building which had been located on the west side of Bohn Rd. in Section 28 was torn down in 1975. Some foundation remnants of that building can still be seen during the winter and spring months when the leaves are off the trees.
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Research Center.