Notes: 1860 - 1943. It was built as a log building in 1860 on the Edward Coyle farm in the NW4NE4 Section 35. It was reconstructed as a frame building in 1918 even though many of its former students were attending St. Mary's and Riley Schools. Shortly thereafter the building burned and was closed. In 1922, in a land swap, it was rebuilt 1/2 mile west at its current location at the south edge of Section 26. It continued until 1943 with Elaine Nesbitt as its last teacher.
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Research Center.