Erbe Cheese Factory
Operated: <1898 - >1930
Cheesemakers: Otto J. Schaller (1928)
Patrons: W. Erbe, mgr.
Notes: Razed. Farm now the Erbe Grassland Preserve. Just south of the CCC dam remains (shown on right edge of image).
Biennial report of the Dairy and Food Commissioner of WI: spelled Erbey 1896, 1898, 1903; Erb 1906. W. Erbe; mgr. Blue Mounds PO 1906, RD 2 1930, Mt. Horeb PO 1898, 1901, 1903, RD 4 1909, 1913, RD 4 1916 and 1922
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Research Center.