GERMAN Valley SCHOOL
Notes: In 1899 this school was built and replaced the Steyer (Ruste) School. The first teacher was Clara Kjorlie. In 1958 Vera Walsh was the teacher. In the 1930's a basement and later a furnace were added. In the 1953 indoor plumbing was added. The current house is a combination of the German Valley School and the Steyer (Ruste) School.
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Archives