Jehovah's Witnesses (1)
Notes: The Congregation of Jehobah’s Witnesses had its start in the 1930s when missionaries came to preach at the homes of people in the community and conduct public Bible lectures in various parks, in the basement of the Municipal Building, and in the Parkway Theater. As a result of this a few persons joined them in their ministry and affiliated with the Madison congregation. By 1954 there were 19 active ministers in the Mount Horeb area The new congregation was formed under Watchtower and Tract society, the governing body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Meetings were originally held in homes and by the end of 1956 they had erected the a one story stone and redwood hall at 428 West Main.
The congregation built a new building along Ridgeview Rd. in the town of Springdale.
This building is now an eye clinic.
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Archives