Mount Horeb High SCHOOL
Notes: Originally built to replace the Lutheran Academy building after it burned in 1917. It opened in 1919 with 8 grades and 4 years of high school. An addition was added in 1941 along with rural bus service. Other additions were made to the property in 1948 and 1949. In 1949 a unified school district was formed to include the village and the surrounding rural areas. By 1961 the new Mt. Horeb High School was opened in its present location.
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Archives