Mount Horeb Lutheran Academy
Notes: Built in 1893 under the guidance of Rev. S. Gunderson. The land and cost for the building were from donations made by the area's population. 116 students were in the first class. The school was opened as a boarding school with a room rental, food costs, and tuition. Beside the academic classes, religious training was stressed. In 1903 Mt. Horeb opened a free high school in the building until it burned in 1917.
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Research Center.