Mount Vernon Creamery
Buttermakers: Frank Zimmerman
Patrons: W. Bane "took milk" in 1898. Charles Erfurth, Henry Fargo
Notes: From "History of the Township of Springdale" photograph caption: Used as school in 1910; top floor used as dance hall. Location is "fourth building on the right, of Cty G on Hwy 92". At the corner of Washington and 2nd (lower center of map).
From "The History of the town of Mount Vernon". Frank Moore bought the creamery in 1893. He charged 1 1/2 cents for making cheese, 3 3/4 cents for butter, and 2 cents per 100 pounds for milk rent.
In 1896 the Biennial report of the Dairy and Food Commissioner of WI lists a Maslott and Clark Creamery in Mt. Vernon
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Research Center.