Mt. Horeb Creamery
Mt. Horeb Village (Old Town)
8th St., Mt. Horeb WI 53572
Off site resources
Road View and Map
Operated: Feb. 1879 - 1916 (at this location)
Buttermakers: Otto Olsen buttermaker 1902-1911
Patrons: Henry Mauer, Thosten Thompson, Basthemer farm
Notes: Started in Old Town Feb. 1879 by Anton O. Bakken, later moved to 8th St. (all images from 8th St.). Moved in 1901 and became the Mt. Horeb Co-operative Creamery and Cheese. State Rep. Albert J. Baker mgr. and pres. for several years. Made ice cream as well as butter. In 1916 moved to S 2nd. St. (see Rysers Cheese Factory).
Biennial report of the Dairy and Food Commissioner of WI: As creamery in 1900, Dahle Bros. owners.
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Archives