Mt. Vernon Cemetery
Notes: A group of Mount Vernon people met at the school house on July 19, 1858 for the purpose of talking about buying a plot of land for a cemetery. An association was formed and named the Mount Vernon Cemetery Association. In 1859, money was raised by subscription and land was purchased from Mr. and Mrs. Robins. The oldest marked stone is that of Francis Curtis, age one year, son of M.L. and T.A. Curtis. The date of death was 1849. On May 15, 1958, an additional parcel of land was purchased from Mr. and Mrs. Emery Kahl.
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Research Center.