Myrland/John Wallen Cheese Factory
Operated: 1885 - 1945
Cheesemakers: John Waefler ; John Wittwer (until 1908); Ernest Moyer; Carl Rettenmund (1910-1912); Theodore Laucher (1912-1915); Hauptman (1915-1920); Herrli (1920); Alfonses Berger; Ernest Richards (1923); Sam Schober (1925-1945)
Cheese Types: Limburger, Swiss, brick
Patrons: John Wallen; Lewis Peterson; Knut Peterson; Lars P. Myrland; Knut .P. Myrland; Andrew Ranum; John Waefler; Walter Waefler; Thomas Slotten; Jacob Hefty; Peter Ringgenburg; James Johnson; Eric Norland; David England; Melvin Melland; Will Myrland; Eric Norby
Notes: Razed. Built on the John Wallen farm by K.P. Myrland and L.P. Myrland. Name changed to Myrland Cheese Factory in 1900 when the Myrland family bought the farm. Subsequent owners were Andrew Rannum, John Waefler and finally Werner Waefler.
Biennial report of the Dairy and Food Commissioner of WI: Primrose PO 1896, 1898, 1901, 1903. L.P. Myrland, Nick Zweifel; mrgs. Mt. Horeb 1913, RD 6 1906, 1909, 1916. Eric Norland 1924.
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Archives