Overhead Bridge (Sculdt) Cheese Factory
Blue Mounds Township
2910 Cave of the Mounds Rd., Blue Mounds WI 53517
Off site resource
Road View and Map
Operated: >1911 to >1955
Cheesemakers: Joe Nef (1928)
Notes: Probably named for the railroad crossing at that location which is now a tunnel on the bike trail.
Biennial report of the Dairy and Food Commissioner of WI: Mt. Horeb PO 1922, Blue Mounds PO 1930.
Wisconsin Historical Society, Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory- Architectural Style: Astylistic Utilitarian Building. Wall Material: Clapboard. Flat roofed concrete black garage addition. 2011 Survey: altered with aluminum siding, and replacement windows. In residential use since at least 1977
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Research Center.