CHANDLER-HANNA / PRIMROSE CENTER SCHOOL
Notes: <1850. In 1850 there were 15 pupils taught by Almira M. Comstock for three months in the log schoolhouse which was just east of the Martin Hobbs home. A new larger building was built in 1858 at the present location of the town hall. The first teacher here was George Chandler. In 1869 the school moved to the K. Johnson farm and a stone school was built and named the "Hanna" school. The old school building was sold to the town for its town hall. The first teacher in the stone building was Mr. Ole Kolve.
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Archives