Primrose Hauge Lutheran Church
Operated: 1850 - 1915
Pastors: Rev. Elling Eielson
Notes: Religious services were held at the homes of settlers and in 1850 Rev. Elling Eielson appeared among the Norwegians and the Primrose Hauge Lutheran congregation was formed and a log church built on section 21. In 1915 it combined with the Primrose Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church becoming the Primrose Lutheran Church. The building is a combination using the bell tower from the Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church and the Hauge Church building. It was enlarged and moved to the new location in 1941.
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Archives