District: Joint 4
Notes: 1865 (or 1868)-1966. Originally known as Clantorf School until the railroad came to Riley and the name Clantorf became obsolete. Prescot Woodbury was the first teacher. The original building was hit by lightening and burned. An abandoned school building was moved located in Blue Mounds and moved to this site. A Mother's Club was formed to help support the school. Carol Leopold was the last teacher when the school closed in 1966 and the pupils transferred to the Mt. Horeb school district. The building is now used as residential property.
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Research Center.