St. Ignatius Catholic Church
Operated: 1894 - present
Notes: The Catholic church in Mount Horeb had its beginnings in 1846 with the arrival of German immigrants to the Perry township. With the growing number of Catholic members living in Mount Horeb it was decided to build a frame church in the village and in 1894, St. Ignatius Catholic Church was completed at 109 South Sixth Street, and later the rectory next door. As the congregation grew a new brick church was built on the site of the old and finished in 1959
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Research Center.