SOUTH SIDE WEST MAIN STREET: 317W - 327W
317 West Main Street (Christian & Elizabeth Dagenhart House)
317 West Main Street
This brick-veneered Craftsman house was erected for Christian & Elizabeth Dagenhart in 1923 (Village of Mount Horeb Tax Rolls). It is a modest example of the Craftsman style, but retains its original 3/1 double-hung sash windows, and the brick porch piers and rails, with decorative brick work. Christian Dagenhart was the owner of the Cement Block and Silo Company in 1928. This property was owned by Christian Dagenhart from 1921 until his death circa 1935, by his widow Elizabeth Dagenhart from at least 1935 until at least 1945, by Charles Ingold in 1965, by Walter Schmid in 1970, by Francis Mathy from 1970 until at least 1980, by Robert Howland and Peggy Longseth in 1985, and in 1996, by Mudget (Village of Mount Horeb Tax Rolls). The Dagenhart House is not individually eligible for historic designation.
319 West Main Street (Dixie Burns House)
321 West Main Street (Robert Becker House)
321 West Main Street
This contemporary house was built for Robert Becker in 1950 (Village of Mount Horeb Tax Rolls). The property was owned by Robert Becker from 1949 until at least 1951, by Marie Becker from at least 1955 until at least 1965, by Kenneth Mack in 1970, by John and Laurene Bround from at least 1975 until at least 1980, and by Laurene Bround since at least 1985 (Village of Mount Horeb Tax Rolls). It is not eligible for historic designation.
327 West Main Street (Nels Peterson House)
327 West Main Street
This frame Foursquare house was built for Nels Peterson in 1906 (Village of Mount Horeb Tax Rolls). It has been stuccoed, and has lost its original porch posts. This property was owned by Nels Peterson from 1906 until at least 1925, by Henry D. Becker from at least 1930 until at least 1935, by Henry's daughter Marie Becker from at least 1940 until at least 1965, and by Robert Meyers since at least 1970 (Village of Mount Horeb Tax Rolls). It is not eligible for historic designation.