SOUTH SIDE WEST MAIN STREET: 102 South Blue Mounds Road - 407W
102 South Blue Mounds Road (Christian Johnson House)
102 South Blue Mounds Road
This side-gabled vernacular frame house was constructed for Christian Johnson in 1902. The house has a one-story full-facade front porch with brick piers. It was owned by Johnson until 1905, by Herman Swenson from 1906 to 1910, and by Thosten Thompson from 1911 until his death in the late 1920s, and then was a part of his estate in the 1930s. The property was then owned by Thosten Thompson's daughter Geneva Thompson until at least 1960. It was owned by Ambrose and Helen Reimenapp from at least 1965 until at least 1970, by Kendall Gladem in 1975, by Timothy Orr in 1980, and by Richard and Judy Johnson since at least 1985 (Village of Mount Horeb Tax Rolls). The Johnson House is not individually eligible for historic designation.
405 West Main Street (Conrad Wagner House)
407 West Main Street (A & W Root Beer Stand)