Peerless Cheese Factory
541 Peerless Rd at SH 92,
Belleville WI 53508
Off site resources
Road View and Map
Operated: 1882 - 1957
Cheesemakers: Alfred and Emma Brauchi (1928 listed with no wife); Casper A. and Sylvia (Lee) Thoni; Herman and Esther (Barthuly) Burkhardt
Patrons: Adolph Rindy; John H. Disch; Jacob Jacobson; Melvin K. Peters (mgr. 1909); Casper Disch; Orville Fritz; C.A. Fink; James Hanna; Jacob Hoesly; Clarence Tollefson; Melvin Jensen; Carl Bringold; Walter Duerst; Alfred Wenger; Alfred Rundell; Raymon Disch; Sylvan Disch
Notes: Operated until 1910 when Pet Milk opened a plant in New Glarus; re-opened in 1926.
Biennial report of the Dairy and Food Commissioner of WI: Primrose PO 1901, Belleville 1913, 1930
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Research Center.