Tom Denny Butter Factory
Stanfield Rd. (Peculiar Rd.) and CTH FF
Off Site resources
Vermont Township History p.52
Operated: 1880 - 1890
Buttermakers: John Stukki, Ole Gunderson, Charlie Rush, Andrew Amble, Otto Schaller
Patrons: Louis Schlick; Melvin Huset; Vernon Booth
Notes: Razed. Area originally called "Peculiary".
From "The Town of Vermont - 'The Early Years'", Marian Swoboda: "at Peculiar on County Highway FF on the upper side of the road was also built between 1880-1890. Butter rather than cheese was made at the factory. Early known buttermakers were: John Stukki, Ole Gunderson and Charlie Rush. There is no sign of any building there now.".
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Research Center.