Kleven Brothers Lumber and Saw Mill
Operated: 1894- ca 1912
From Miller Report:
"The Kleven Brothers (Knut and Gilbert) lumber yard was located on this site. They also had a saw mill just south of this property at 119 South Second Street (demolished). The Kleven Brothers operated the lumber yard from at least 1894 until circa 1912. Around 1910, the Klevens began manufacturing wooden silos and tanks on the saw mill property. The Wisconsin Silo and Tank Company was in business from 1910 until at least 1928 (Wisconsin State Gazetteer and Business Directory). The Kleven Brothers also worked as contractors."
119 S Second Street
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Research Center.