La Follette Heights SCHOOL
8797 County G, SSW of Mt. Vernon
Off site resources
Road View and Map
The History of the Town of Mount Vernon: sesquicentennial celebration, 1846-1996
Page 1, Page 2
Notes: The LaFollette Consolidated Heights School was constructed in 1962-63 as a result of state-ordered consolidation of rural schools. Children from Ash-Dixon, Britt Valley, Primrose Center, Harker, Daleyville, Forward and Spring Valley were combined with various grades going to Mt. Vernon and to LaFollette Hights. The LaFolletter School was built on land from the Eith farm on County Highway G (Section 9, Primrose Township). Soon after the school was built another round of re-assignments took place with some children being sent into Mt. Horeb. Grades 1-4 continued at LaFollette until it closed in 1982. The building is now privately owned.
Higher quality reproductions of some of the MHAHS's images are available for a small fee - contact our Research Center.